Apply for Ag EMBA - Ag EMBA Application
Ag EMBA General Information
The Craig School of Business is currently recruiting candidates for the next Ag EMBA cohort class starting spring 2013. This program is designed for growers, processors, bankers, supplier/buyers, marketers, non-profits, logistics/transportation companies, and others connected to agriculture. Many in this cohort will have technical and scientific skills specific to their industry, yet desire the tools to translate their knowledge into sound business decisions. Graduates will have an enhanced ability to add value to their current business models and meet the challenges of competition on an increasingly global scale. Additionally, the program is general enough to prepare students for a range of careers outside of their traditional field. Ultimately, students will receive an MBA that will be a portable foundation for future career growth in any line of work.
Click here for a video interview detailing the program.
Summary of the program:
- Ag Executives will be able to earn their MBA in less than 17 months (including breaks).
- The Ag EMBA program at Craig School of Business allows candidates to attend on-campus classes on Saturdays for eight weekends out of a 10-week block (8:00-5:00 PM).
- Candidates are required to attend two and one half weeks of intensive classes (Wednesday to Friday 6 PM to 10 PM and Saturday 8 AM to noon) at the start of the program in order to acquire the foundation materials for the degree.
- One of the many highlights of this Ag EMBA will be a 10-day international trip (included in the tuition fee) to complement the international agribusiness course in the program.
- The Ag EMBA is the same degree as the Craig School of Business traditional MBA program. The degree is AACSB-accredited. AACSB is the professional association for college and university management education and the premier accrediting agency for bachelors, masters, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting (www.aacsb.edu). This is the highest rated AACSB accredited executive program between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Since the Ag EMBA is designed to suit candidates with a minimum of ten years of work experience with at least three years in a managerial or professional capacity, the GMAT (graduate entrance exam to business schools) requirement will be waived for executive applicants. A GPA of 2.5 or higher is required to be admitted, but participants must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher to graduate.