Capt. d'Andre Benjamin
Capt. d'Andre G. Benjamin is an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies assigned to Detachment 035 at California State University - Fresno. He serves as the Operations Flight Commander and Recruiting Officer, directly responsible for supervising all unit operations, recruiting, and education functions while overseeing cadre training and professional development. He leads, recruits, trains, counsels and evaluates 57 highly qualified young men and women as prospective Air Force officers. Capt Benjamin also instructs a curriculum covering Foundations of the U.S. Air Force, Air Force History, Leadership and National Security Affairs. Capt Benjamin received his commission while at the University of Washington in 2011 and graduated from Seattle University earning a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree in Criminal Justice. He has seven years of active duty service as a finance officer. Prior to his current position, the Captain was the Financial Analysis Flight Commander, 100th Comptroller Squadron, 100th Air Refueling Wing, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom.
2011 Bachelors of Arts and Science degree in Criminal Justice, Seattle University, Seattle, Wash.
2016 Squadron Officer’s School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2017 Professional Financial Management Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. October 2011 - February 2013, Financial Services Officer, 374th Comptroller Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
2. February 2013 - October 2014, Deputy Flight Commander, Financial Analysis, 374th Comptroller Squadron, Yokota AB, Japan
3. October 2014 - November 2015, Financial Analysis Flight Commander, 8th Comptroller Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
4. November 2015 - June 2018, Financial Analysis Flight Commander, 100th Comptroller Squadron, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
5. July 2018 – Present, Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies, Detachment 035, California State University – Fresno, California
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 30, 2011
First Lieutenant June 30, 2013
Captain June 30, 2015
Contact number: (559)278-2593