EXPLORE * ENGAGE * EXCEL
The Craig School of Business at Fresno State provides high quality business and economics education to a diverse student body; offers well-rounded, active learning experiences; and contributes to the economic development of Central California.
Components of the Mission Statement
Provides high quality business and economics education
- Business programs accredited by AACSB International.
- Qualified business faculty meeting standards consistent with AACSB.
- Faculty and staff dedicated to educating students.
- Curriculum providing active learning experiences monitored through assurance of learning standards and routinely updated to meet learning outcomes.
- Graduates prepared to enter the workplace.
To a diverse student body
- Approximately 70% of CSB undergraduates and 60% of graduate students are non-White.
- Fresno State is recognized as a minority serving institution and federally designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution.
- Fresno State ranked 18th in the nation for graduating Hispanics by The Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education Magazine.
- Approximately 60% of the students at Fresno State are first generation college students.
Offers well-rounded active learning experiences
- Activities in classes such as projects, group assignments, and oral presentations
- Co-curricular experiences, such as service learning, internships, study abroad, and student competitions.
- Sustained undergraduate Honors Program.
- Active business-related student organizations.
- Fresno State is one of 72 universities among the over 3,000 in the country awarded the University Community Engagement certification by the Carnegie Foundation.
Contributes to economic development in Central California
- Quality graduates entering the workforce.
- Outreach to the professional community, especially by the University Business Center.
- Active relations with the business community through their participation with the Craig School.
- School administrators, faculty, and staff active in the community through consulting, participation on boards, and other activities.