Convocation and Commencement
Convocation and commencement ceremonies serve different purposes and for this reason all graduating students are encouraged to attend both. Convocation is a special ceremony held only for students graduating from the Craig School of Business. Each student is individually recognized, on stage, and has a picture taken while shaking the hand of the CSB Dean. Graduate students are also hooded during convocation. Commencement is a University-wide ceremony, while convocation is a Craig School of Business ceremony. Faculty and students are expected to wear official regalia at both ceremonies.
Craig School of Business Convocation
Friday, May 17, 2019, 7:45 AM, Save Mart Center
- Graduates need to arrive by 7:00 AM
- Doors to the Save Mart Center open at 7:15 AM
- The ceremony begins promptly at 7:45 AM with the processional of Craig School of Business Graduates. Family, friends and guests are encouraged to be seated by 7:45 AM
- NO guest tickets are needed. Seating is free and open to as many guests as you would like to bring
- The ceremony will conclude by 9:30 AM
- DO NOT wear your Regalia. Graduates are asked to arrive with robes in hand for visual search by CSC personnel at top of the ramp.
- All guests entering the Save Mart Center are subject to a search of their person and their property, this includes a visual inspection and a bag inspection conducted by Save Mart Center security personnel.
- The Save Mart Center prohibits backpacks and any bags larger than 12" x 6" x 12". The only approved bags are diaper bags, bags smaller than 12" x 6" x 12", and medically necessary items (after proper inspection).
- No beverages allowed in line-up/assembly area. Graduates will be asked to throw any container/beverages at trash receptacles located at the top of the ramp.
- Graduates are asked to leave any personal belongings (purses, bags, backpacks) with guests and or leave in vehicle.
- Cell phones ARE allowed
- No bottles, food, drinks or illegal substances, lighters of any kind, weapons, video equipment, laser pointers, aerosol cans, noise-makers, helium balloons, tobacco, e-cigarettes, vapors, selfie sticks, pepper spray, tear gas or knives of any kind
- Campus Police are encouraging guests/graduates to carpool, arrive early, relaxed parking at Fresno State, Campus Pointe will enforce parking for patrons only.
- Students who are visibly intoxicated or disruptive will not be allowed in the ceremony venue or will be escorted from the ceremony.
For further information, contact Denise Biggert at (559) 278-2482 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 18, 2019, 1:30 p.m., Save Mart Center