Advising Appointments and Expectations
The Student Advising office is located in McLane Hall Room 194.
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Pre-Nursing and Doctor of Physical Therapy:
Monday and Thursday: Appointment only
Tuesday and Wednesday: Walk-in days
Advising sessions are by appointment only. Limited walk-in appointments are available during specific periods of the week. Contact General Education Advisor, Frank Castro at email@example.com for more info or to set an appointment.
Advising Expectations and Policy
All admitted undergraduate students are encouraged to visit with an advisor to develop their degree plans and discuss their path to academic success.
Advisors can provide direction with:
- Academic Planning
- Course Selection
- Major & Degree Requirements
- Dropping/Adding Classes
- Graduation Checking
- Campus Resource Referral
Expectations of Students in Preparation for your Advising Appointment
- Review your Important Information, Holds, and To Do List in your Student Services Center by logging into mycsufresno.edu.
- Review your major degree planning sheet.
- Review course options, schedules, and pre-requisites.
- Review your online DARS as it is a useful tool to see grades, GPA and coursework.
- Bring your list of questions and bring any documents that you want to discuss.
- Be on time for your appointment and if you can’t make it, call and cancel.
Policy requirement regarding Academic Holds
Any student with an "Advising or Transfer Hold” on your student portal is required to make an appointment to meet with their major academic advisor prior to registration appointment.