MSW Admissions for Fall 2014 is Now Closed!
Information for FALL 2015 will become available by October 2014.
All MSW Forms/Materials are on the Right Column . . .
MSW Application Procedure
Please follow steps 1-2-3. . .
- Complete the required University Graduate Admission Application. (Click for further information on Graduate Admissions)
- Complete the MSW Program Application
- Complete the GRE Exam
REGARDING THE GRE TEST:
- We suggest that you take the GRE Test no later than December 31, 2013.
- If you missed that date please check with the testing center directly on the possibility of receiving your scores on time.
- Note: When prompted at the end of the test please send them to Fresno State Graduate Admissions (code: 4312). You should receive a copy in the mail within 2-6 weeks.
- If you took the exam online you can sign into your account and print out a copy of your scores.
- Contact GRE Office at 1-800-473-2255 or 1-443-751-4820
- Check your GRE SCORES... Click here.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS CAN BE . . .
- MAILED to our office at:
- DELIVERED in person (PHS) Building, Room 128 (Note: please plan on waiting as your application is checked before you receive your receipt). THE OFFICE WILL BE OPEN FEBRUARY 7th TILL 7PM.
Master of Social Work
The profession of social work and the Department of Social Work Education are dedicated to meeting the diverse social service needs of special populations of individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities. Because we are a practice-oriented profession, the graduates of our program deal with social concerns that range from societal oppression to people's emotional/behavioral problems. The social work practitioner who is educated in our program is taught to help at-risk populations which typically include the poor and homeless, abused/neglected children and adults, people of color, women, recent refugees, chronically mentally ill, developmentally disabled, physically ill or disabled, substance abusers, criminal offenders and the aged. In focusing on disadvantaged groups, the student is trained to use a range of traditional and non-traditional methods to promote well-being, personal growth, and social justice, e.g., individual client and large system policy advocating, brokering, consulting, individual, family and group counseling/ psychotherapy, mediating, researching, supervising and teaching.
The master's degree in social work offered by our department is designed to educate advanced social work practitioners who can meet complex client needs within a diversity of public and private human service settings and who can perform in a variety of roles using multiple social work practice methodologies. This course of study prepares the student learner for autonomous social work practice at multiple levels of intervention as well as for doctoral study in social work and related human service arenas.
MSW Informational Sessions
Get all the information you need about applying for MSW Program and the Title IV-E Program. Happening Fridays from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Light refreshments will be served. Please RSVP in the PHS Building Room 102 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- September 6, 2013
- October 4, 2013
- November 1, 2013
- December 6, 2013
- January 24, 2014 "Special Open House"
For Advising and Further Information
Graduate Program Coordinator and Admission Chair
Martha Vungkhanching, Ph.D.
P: 559.278.8742 | F: 559.278.7191 | Office: PHS 147 email@example.com