BASW Title IV-E Child Welfare Program
- Full time stipend recipients must have completed required eligibility criteria.
- Priority will be given to current public child welfare employees and applicants who reflect the diverse client populations currently served by child welfare agencies in California.
- County employee applicants must have a letter of support prepared by their County Director approving their participation in the program.
- Only current county employees may participate in the part-time program.
The Stipend Program
The BASW Title IV-E Social Work Program provides full-time undergraduate students entering in their senior year of field internship, who are preparing for careers directed toward child welfare practice with one year of financial support at $15,000 per year, effective Fall 2004. Admittance to the part-time program is limited to current employees of CWS, DSS, or CDSS. County employees may enter in their junior year and will receive full tuition and fees, book costs, and mileage for each day of class or fieldwork.
- Enrollment, attendance, and participation in SWRK 128 Child Welfare course.
- Enrollment in child welfare field internship placement.
- Payback for one year of full time employment within a county child welfare agency for full time students.
- Payback of one year for part-time students.
- Must be enrolled within the university.
- Must possess a GPA of 2.3 or better
- Must have completed general education and upper division requirements to include social work prerequisite courses through the junior year if attending full time.
- Completion of general education requirements up to the junior year if attending on a part-time basis.
- Completion of upper division writing course
- Clearance from your advisor and field placement interview with the Field Coordinator if eligible to participate in field internship.