2017 San Joaquin Valley Recreation Summit
What: 2017 San Joaquin Valley Recreation Summit
When: Thursday, May 11, 2017 | 9 am – 4:30 pm
Where: Ted C. Wills Community Center | 770 N. San Pablo Avenue, Fresno, CA 93728
Cost to Attend:
- Individual Registration: $50
- Group of 2 or more (10% discount): $45 each
- Group of 5 or more (20% discount): $40 each
- Student/Alumni: $25
VIEW THE 2017 PARKS SUMMIT PROGRAM HERE
The 2017 San Joaquin Valley Recreation Summit will bring together people from across the Valley and State to understand the complexity of recreation management and its links to issues such as economic development, health, at-risk populations, inclusion and funding.
The Recreation Summit is part two of a three-part series. A Parks Summit was held in May 2016 and a Facilities Summit is planned for Fall 2018.
- Advocate. Bring together a diverse group of interested partners and stakeholders from across the Valley and State to bolster advocacy efforts toward developing, maintaining, and supporting park and recreation development in Valley communities.
- Educate. Educate partners and stakeholders on the challenges and opportunities faced in park and recreation development as individual communities and as a region.
- Build Capacity and Collaboration. Increase the quality of collaboration and partnerships across and within stakeholder groups to build traction for park and recreation development improvement.
- Recreation & Economic Development
- Social Justice & Equity in Recreation Programs
- Recreation, Health and the Quality of Life
- Recreation for Youth & Families
- Planning for Recreation: Parks & Open Spaces
- Serving Our Diverse Communities
Who Should Attend
- Public Parks and Recreation Professionals
- Elected and Appointed Officials
- City/County/State Staff
- Health Professionals
- Nonprofits, Community Groups and Advocates
- University Students
Fresno State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact us at 559-278-2838 in advance of your participation.