First-Year Student Timeline
First year students should complete the following form before the end of the current Spring Semester:
- Classified Graduate Standing form available through the Division of Graduate Studies website. The requirements a student must meet before completing the form are as follows:
- Complete all the requirements listed on your acceptance letter by the end of the semester.
Second-Year Student Timeline
Second year students should complete the following forms before the end of the current Spring semester:
- Advancement to Candidacy form, available through the Division of Graduate Studies website. The requirements for the form are as follows:
- Attain Classified Graduate Standing
- Pass the Graduate Writing Requirement (by passing PH 210)
- Complete 19 or more units
- Thesis or Project Committee Assignment form requirements are as follows:
- File an Advancement to Candidacy form
- Fill out the PH 299 or PH 298 Authorization form to attain a permission number
Please note that the Project Committee Assignment form is interdepartmental. This means that you must contact the MPH Office if you need the form.
The Thesis Committee Assignment form is available through the Division of Graduate Studies website.
3. Thesis or Project Authorization form requirements are as follows:
- File a Thesis/Project Committee Assignment form.
Please note that the Thesis and Project Authorization form is interdepartmental. This means that you must contact the MPH Office if you need either form.
MPH Student Policies
Institutional Review Board
Graduate students performing research in the Department of Public Health at California State University, Fresno must comply with Federal Human Subjects Projection Guidelines.
The process for submitting Human Subjects applications is detailed in this document. You may obtain all forms from the department's office.
All masters degree students must maintain continuous enrollment from their initial point of enrollment in their graduate program. During the time that students are working towards the completion of their culminating experience, when and if they have enrolled in all course units, they are expected to maintain enrollment through "Zero Unit Enrollment" through the Division of Graduate Studies.