Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my advisor?
Academic advisors may be found by visiting the advising page on this site. You should visit with your academic advisor at least once per semester.
- What type of internship opportunities are available in
The Department of Public Health offers a wide range of internship opportunities designed to give practical training to students. Contact the internship coordinator, Ms. Manal Samaha (278-8854) for more information.
- Where do I obtain change of major forms?
Forms may be obtained from the Department of Public Health office located in McLane Hall 184.
- How do I find out what is happening in the department,
about scholarships? about health related events?
Information relevant to our students is distributed via the department's listservs. Be sure to subscribe to the Public Health listserv.
- Which Catalog year am I under?
The only sure way to tell which catalog year you are accountable for is to find out from your DARS report.
- How can I find out about my General Education
You should see Frank Castro, the College of Health and Human Services Academic Advisor. His office is located in McLane 194. Contact him at (559) 278-8739 to obtain his current hours.
- Who should I believe about substituting classes?
No one can substitute GE classes, and only your Department Academic Advisor has authority to substitute Public Health classes.
- How often should I see my Department Advisor?
A minimum of once each semester.
- Is there a difference between Capstone and
There is a world of differences!!! Do not be confused! Take the correct courses. You can find out by going to your counselor and ask questions, or look in your catalog book.
- What is the deadline for applying for admission to the
Master of Public Health?
The deadline is March 1st of every year.