Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is my advisor?
Academic advisors may be found by visiting the student resource page on this site. You should meet with your academic advisor at least once per semester.
- What type of internship opportunities are available in the Department?
The Department of Public Health offers a wide range of internship opportunities designed to give practical training to students. Contact the internship coordinator, Dr. Tanisha Garcia at email@example.com for more information.
- How do I change my major to Public Health?
First visit each of the Public Health degree option pages on this site. Determine your preferred area of interest and then contact the College of Health Human Services Advising and Career Development center. After you meet with CHHS advising center, you will be given a Change of Major form with Part II, Section C, Numbers 1-3 completed. Once you have the form with the above information, you can set up an appointment with your academic advisor for your option. See "Who is my advisor?" above.
- How do I find out what is happening in the department, about scholarships? about health
Information relevant to our students is distributed via the department's listservs. Be sure to subscribe to the Public Health listserv.
- Which Catalog year am I under?
The only sure way to tell which catalog year you are accountable for is to find out from your DARS report. Please visit your my.csufresno.edu to access your DARS report.
- How can I find out about my General Education Requirement?
You should see Frank Castro, the College of Health and Human Services Academic Advisor. His office is located in McLane 194. Contact him at (559) 278-8739 to obtain his current hours.
- Who should I believe about substituting classes?
No one can substitute GE classes, and only your Department Academic Advisor has authority to substitute Public Health classes.
- How often should I see my Department Advisor?
A minimum of once each semester.
- What is the deadline for applying for admission to the Master of Public Health?
The deadline is March 1st of every year.