Jennifer Adame-Walker, DPT, OCSAssistant Professor / Director of Musculoskeletal Care Clinic
|DPT||Transitional Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of California, San Francisco/California State University, Fresno, 2011|
|M.P.T.||Physical Therapy, California State University, Fresno, 1999|
|B.S.||Physiology, minor in physical education with emphasis in aerobic dance and human movement, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1995|
Peer Reviewed Scientific and Professional Presentations
Poster Presentation: Trueblood P, Oza P, Zarrinkhameh L, Adame J, Arii A: “The effects of dual tasking on community dwelling elderly fallers and non-fallers during straight line and directional ambulation”. New Directions for Aging Conference Program, October 22, 2011, Ottawa, Canada
Peer Reviewed Conference Presentations
Adame-Walker, J. “The effects of a 15 week Pilates Mat program on the strength, posture and self-confidence of college students.” Pilates Method Alliance Annual Conference, October 2018, Palm Springs, California.
Peer Reviewed Publications
Adame-Walker, J. “Physical Therapy Rehabilitation Following a Total Shoulder Replacement Using Total Motion Release Techniques in Combination with Traditional Intervention.” MOJ Sports Medicine, Vol 2 Issue 3. Published May 2018.
Membership in Scientific/Professional Organizations
- ACSM: 2018
- Central Valley Concussion Consortium Member: 2016 to present
- Pilates Method Alliance Member: 2016 to present
- APTA member: 2016 to present
- Orthopedics Section
- Education Section
- California Physical Therapy Association Member: 2016 to present
- District Representative
- Member IDEA health and fitness: 2015 to present
- California State University Fresno Alumni Association, Physical Therapy Division
- University California San Francisco Alumni Association, Graduate Division.
Courses Taught (entry-level DPT)
- Director Musculoskeletal Care Clinic PH TH 554
- PH TH 508 Foundations in Assessment (co-teach)
- PH TH 560 Administration in Physical Therapy
- PH TH 598 Evidence Based Projects (3 students)
- Director Musculoskeletal Care Clinic PH TH 556
- PH TH 507 Foundations in Assessment (lead instructor)
- PH TH 596 Case Reports (co-teach)
Dr. Jennifer Adame-Walker received her Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from California State University Fresno in 1999. She received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from University of California San Francisco in 2011. She added additional qualifications of Orthopedic Certified Specialist in 2013. She worked primarily as an outpatient orthopedic PT in a variety of settings including hospital based, private practice and government settings. She recently presented research on Pilates and mental wellness in college students and published an article on rehabilitation for a patient following total shoulder replacement.
Dr. Adame-Walker started as a part-time lecturer in the Department of Physical Therapy in 2012 and moved to a full time position in the Fall of 2016. She has taught Exercise Physiology, Foundations, Case Reports, Administration and oversees research and evidence-based projects. She is the Director of the Musculoskeletal Care Clinic on campus and is involved in developing a Concussion Management Clinic and Program to serve the needs of our valley athletes. Her research interests include Concussion testing and management, wellness and exercise science. Dr. Adame-Walker also serves on the Medical Team for the Fresno FC USL Soccer Team.
Dr. Adame-Walker is married with 3 children. They are an active household, participating in soccer, baseball and cheer.