SAFE (Senior Awareness & Fall Education): Central Valley Coalition
Your One Stop Resource . . ."To reduce falls among older adults by raising awareness, establishing a network of services and advocating on their behalf."
The SAFE: Central Valley Coalition was founded in June 2011 and currently has over 30 organizations involved. The coalition includes an interdisciplinary group working collaboratively on needs assessment (current and future), cataloging and consolidating current fall prevention resources, educating seniors, families and caregivers about the risks and preventable nature of falls, and providing professional development to local health and social service providers.
You may contact SAFE at (559) 278-7539
How to Get Involved with SAFE?
- Open to health and safety professionals, agencies, groups, businesses and individuals concerned with the health and safety of older adults
- Fill out a Membership Survey, each year, so we can determine your strengths and resources for the coalition (contact Ashley for an e-document)
- The Coalition will provide members with updates about meetings, events, and happenings
- Exclusive Speakers Bureau Benefits and Marketing for Organization Members
- $100 for a business/organization (up to 4 members, please fill out one survey for each person)
- $50 for an individual
- Free for students and older adults over 65
- Annual Donation (can be prorated)
- Participated in at least 1 balance screening
- Reduced FallProofTM Class Fees
- Free Balance Re-Screenings (every 6 months)
- Discounts at SAFE Events and Alumni Socials