Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT)
- Utilizing a variety of engaging clinical sites including NCAA Division I, Division II, secondary schools, along with a medical clinic
- Exciting real-life opportunities for students during extensive immersive clinical experiences
- Vast network of alumni working successfully within settings such as professional and collegiate sports, industrial/corporate settings, secondary schools, military, physical therapy clinics, and medical offices
- The low tuition and fee structure of the CSU combined with lower cost of living in the Central Valley results in a much more affordable education compared to most other MSAT programs
- Located in the San Joaquin Valley of California provides students a unique, diverse patient population with a rich cultural history
California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) will be seeking accreditation for our new Master's in Athletic Training (MSAT) program and is not currently accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The institution will be submitting a self-study to begin the accreditation process by October 1, 2021, with a projected accreditation date in spring 2022, with our first graduating class.
The accreditation process requires each institution to start the program and offer the courses once prior to having an official site visit. Upon completion of the successful site visit, all students who have been in the program during those two years will graduate from the accredited program and will be eligible to sit for the Board of Certification, Inc. Examination.
The Masters of Science in Athletic Training will be offered beginning Fall 2020 pending approval from the CSU Chancellor's Office. The Program is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2020 semester. For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date announcements and exciting news about our program.
The Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training is being discontinued and replaced with a Masters of Science in Athletic Training. We are no longer accepting students into Pre-Athletic Training because it will not serve as the best route for students desiring to become athletic trainers. Instead, we suggest completing a bachelor's degree in Kinesiology with an option in Exercise Science. This option provides the best opportunity for you to complete the pre-requisite courses for Athletic Training while obtaining your bachelor's degree.