Sport Administration Classes
Graduate students in our 2-year program take the following Sport Administration courses:
- Sport Leadership: Sport Leadership is designed to teach students the essential skills to lead, manage, & supervise others in the sport workplace.
- Sport Revenue: In Sport Revenue, students learn why sport sales, fundraising, and sponsorships are the lifeblood of sport organizations and one of the most attractive skills sought by sport employers. Students receive hands-on training and how to generate revenue in this course.
- Sport Career Development: This course teaches student how to break into the sport industry. Students will create a Career Development Plan to take them from where they are now to where they want to be in the sport industry. Students also learn valuable networking skills and create a minimum of 50 new sport network contacts in their chosen sport profession.
- Sport Philosophy & Ethics: In Sport Philosophy & Ethics, students tackle some of the most difficult issues they will face in sport as managers, administrators, and leaders.
- Sport Law: Sport Law prepares sport administrators for the primary legal issues that they will face during their sport careers and how to develop a risk management plan to minimize these risks.
- Research Methods: Knowing where to find reliable information and how to report it is critical in the sport workplace; students learn how to do both here.
- Statistics: Statistics is an essential course for all graduate programs and plays a key role in many sport careers, such as sport marketing.
- Sport Internship: There is no substitute for experience in sport. Our internships allow students to receive actual hands on training in sport. Students are supervised by both Fresno State faculty and an onsite sport organization supervisor.
- Electives: In addition to these courses, students select two additional elective courses to gain more knowledge in their chosen career area. For example, with the assistance of the Sport Administration Program Coordinator, students can choose another sport internship, and/or classes in Title IX Compliance, business, marketing, finance, etc. No matter what your career goal in sport, you can take courses that are beneficial to you.