Graduate School Application Requirements
|Department Deadlines:||Fall 2021||Spring 2022|
|Deaf Education||April 1, 2021||Not Accepted|
|Speech-Language Pathology||March 1, 2021||October 1, 2021|
*Mailed applications are accepted if post-marked by the deadline.
For international students: For consideration for admission, CSDS requires a minimum TOEFL Total score of 100.
To apply for graduate study in the Department of CSDS, you need to complete the following 2 steps in the following order:
1. Apply to the University
1. Submit your application online via CSU Apply. Please view CSU Application and Details and Deadlines. You will select either the Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology or the Masters Degree in Communicative Disorders - Deaf Education, depending on the degree program you are applying for.
2. Submit one official transcript from each college that you attended after highschool to the university. Information about submitting your transcripts to the university can be found on the Transcripts Requirement page. Do not send transcripts to the department office.
The university does not require the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for applications in 2020-2021.
For more information about applying to a graduate program at the university, please visit the Graduate Admissions page. There is a list of helpful links that may answer questions you may have.
2. Apply to the Department *Read ALL steps carefully*
After applying to the university, you will be directed to the department application forms. Send a single envelope with a completed packet that includes:
1. Cal State Apply confirmation email
3. Three letter of recommendation forms (each in a sealed envelope signed by the person writing the recommendation over the seal)
4. Letter of intent addressed to the department (Please limit your letter to 1 page)
5. If you are applying to our Speech-Language Pathology program, you need to submit documentation of 25 hours of Supervised Clinical Observations. link to observation hours form
6. If you are applying to our Speech-Language Pathology program and your BA degree is from another field, please submit the SLP Prerequisite Tracking Form
Please mail your packet to:
Dept. of Communicative Sciences and Deaf Studies
California State University, Fresno
5310 N. Campus Drive, MS PH80
Fresno, California 93740-8019
*If you do not include all required documents, your application will NOT be reviewed.
**COVID-19 electronic procedures for Department only**
Student has the option to submit confirmation email, department application, letter of intent, and SLP Prerequisite tracking form (if applicable) electronically in one email to email@example.com.
Letter of recommendation form may be sent by recommenders via DocuSign or AdobeSign to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students must complete the top portion of the form before sending it to a recommender.
Official transcripts may be sent digitally to email@example.com. Do not send transcripts to the department office.
Equal Opportunity Statement
California State University, Fresno is one of the California State Universities and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, which does not discriminate because of sex, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. The California State University is committed to providing equal opportunities to men and women CSU students in all campus programs, including intercollegiate athletics.