Degrees and Programs
Our department offers undergraduate studies in Communicative Disorders, and graduate studies in both Deaf Education and Speech-Language Pathology. Undergraduate students choose an emphasis in either Deaf Education, Sign Language Interpreting, Audiology, or Speech-Language Pathology. Graduate students select either a Deaf Education or Speech-Language Pathology master's program.
Select a program to find out more information.
Nursing Professionals and Students
CDDS 125 – Audiology and Audiometry for School Nurses (3 units) California State University, Fresno Special Sessions Course.
- The majority of the course is ONLINE. Sign up early as enrollment is limited.
- All online except for one day on a weekend that provides hands-on practical experience on the Fresno State campus.
- Meets requirements for obtaining California’s Department of Health Services’ School Audiometrist Certification.
- Meets pre-requisite for nurses applying for their School Nurse Credential.
- Great elective for ALL nursing majors, including Master level PNP and FNP students.
- For details contact:
Dr. Cynthia Cavazos, CCC/A
California State University, Fresno
Department of Communicative Disorders and Deaf Studies
5310 North Campus Drive, M/S PH80
Fresno, CA 93740-8019