Upcoming News and Events
The Health Professions Education Foundation (HPEF)
HPEF will host an application cycle from August 1, 2018 – October 9, 2018, for the following loan repayment programs:
- Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program (AHLRP)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment Program (LVNLRP)
- Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program (BSNLRP)
- Licensed Mental Health Services Provider Education Program (LMH)
If you are a health professional working in an underserved area of California, have outstanding educational debt, and meet other important application criteria related to cultural and linguistic competency, you may be eligible to apply. Please carefully review the eligibility guidelines for the program to which you are interested in applying. These programs are highly competitive and not all who apply are awarded.
Applicants may apply at:
The HPEF team will host technical assistance calls to provide opportunities for applicants to ask questions pertaining to their applications. Please see the attached schedules for these programs and plan to join if you have questions. You may also call us at 800-773-1669 or email HPEF-Email@oshpd.ca.gov. Due to the volume of communications during the application cycle, you can expect a response between 24-48 hours from the time of your communication.
HPEF’s mission is to increase access to healthcare in medically underserved areas of California by supporting health professionals with the appropriate skills and strong dedication to serving communities in need. Apply today, or share this information with someone you know who may be eligible. Visit our website atwww.healthprofessions.ca.gov to learn more.
A Free Pre-Medical, Pre-Health and Public Health Conference for Fresno State, UC Merced and other community college and university pre-health students in the Valley. Participants will gain information, networking and hands-on experiences essential to future leaders in medicine and health.
Planned Sessions and Activities:
• Clinical Skills Boot Camp
• Global Public Health Issues in the Valley
• Lunch with Medical Students
• Networking with Health Professionals
• Pathway to Health Professional Schools
• All Fresno State and UC Merced pre-medical and pre-health
students and students enrolled at Central Valley Higher Education
Consortium member institutions, particularly those who are underrepresented in the health professions
• Students must be at least 18 years of age
• Preference is given to students who have an interest in improving
health in the San Joaquin Valley and possess a 3.0 GPA or better
This event will be held on September 22nd, 2018 at:
UCSF Fresno Center for Medical
Education and Research
155 N. Fresno St., Fresno, CA 93701
For any additional information please contact Brandy Ramos Nikaido at firstname.lastname@example.org