RN, BSN, SPHN, MSN, CNS, MPH
Pam is the current volunteer Nurse Alumni Liaison and Historian for the Central California Center for Nursing Excellence in Leadership and Education's Nursing Legacy Project.
Pam is a graduate of FSC nursing class of 1966. She is also a graduate from the University of Hawaii's School of Nursing and School of Public Health. She is a clinical nurse specialist in Maternal-Child nursing and has Masters in Public health in MCH. She has worked as a hospital staff nurse for UMC, Senior PHN for Fresno Co. Health Department; Supervising PHN for Monterey County health Department; Charge nurse for a rural Farm Worker's clinic in Madera; and a school nurse in Hawaii. She was also a Major in the USAF Nurse Corps as a flight nurse instructor, and charge nurse of clinics.
- Pam is a member of American Public Health Association, Sigma Theta Tau Hawaii and Fresno Chapters, and Fresno State Alumni Association and Nurse Alumni Chapter.
- She received the USAF Meritorious Service Medal and Commendation medals in 1977 and 1980.
- Whose Who in America 1982, Whose Who in Nursing 2007.
- Appointed to the Governor's Committee to help develop Standards of Follow-up for High Risk Infants.
- Received the Outstanding Nurse of the Year for Monterey County by the Child Abuse Prevention Council in 1996.
- Outstanding Employee of the Year for Monterey County in 2001 and Outstanding Supervisor and team of the year in 2002.
- She was selected as the Dept. of Health and Human Services outstanding nursing alumni, for the year's 'Top Dog' award for 2008
Pam is helping the CCCEN to locate their 5,000 nurse alumni and 150 faculty to document their nursing legacy in photos and stories, both written and oral histories, which are being documented on the CCCEN web site. She is also working on documenting the first century of nurses in the Central San Joaquin Valley.
Pam Loewen, RN, BSN, SPHN, MSN, MPH,
Maj. USAF Nurse Corps
Volunteer Nurse Alumni Liaison and Historian
Central California Center for Excellence in Nursing
Phone: cell (559) 393-6593
Home: (559) 637-1903