What is the Uni-track Program?

The Uni-track Program at California State University, Fresno allows dual enrollment for high school students, who can earn college credit while enrolled in an approved Uni-track course. Students can request a Fresno State transcript upon completion of the coursework. High School and ROP teachers are eligible to apply to participate in the Uni-track program. There are minimal student fees for these Uni-track courses.

The Approval Process for High School Teachers

If you are a new teacher seeking approval for the first time or if your high school currently has articulated courses, and you would like to have additional courses reviewed, please use the following link to apply to the Uni-track program: https://fresnostate.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eINK2ihvxHSoY1T

When you apply to the Uni-track Program online, you will be prompted to submit the following five items:

  • A current resume.
  • A Letter of Intent.
  • Three Letters of Reference from professionals working in the Field of Education and one must be from your current high school principal.
  • A detailed course syllabus. Please use the Fresno State syllabus template to input your course information. Once you are at the Course Instruction link, please click on Course Syllabus Template. The link will take you to a Word document.
  • Transcripts showing highest degree held. Unofficial transcripts are accepted.

The department chair and the Uni-track program administrator will determine whether an approved course will be offered for one semester (fall or spring) or one academic year (two semesters).

Please note:  New applications are being accepted for the 2019 - 2020 Academic Year through Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Applications received after this date will be reviewed for the 2020 - 2021 Academic Year.

Information for Parents and Students

Uni-track courses are recognized for college credit but might not necessarily be recognized for pre-professional degree requirements, such as pre-medicine. Check with the university you plan to apply to for program-specific information and approval concerning Uni-track credit.

Please check with your high school principal and/or academic advisor to find out if your high school currently offers articulated courses through the Uni-track Program at Fresno State.

If you choose to participate in a high school program through California State University, Fresno, you will be held to the same standards, policies, regulations, and deadlines that govern all students enrolled at Fresno State.

Uni-track courses will earn college credit, and a permanent grade will be recorded on a California State University, Fresno transcript.

Uni-track (Extension) academic credit courses are not acceptable for meeting the residence requirements at California State University, Fresno.

Restrictions for Uni-track Students

  • May register for up to 8 units of academic credit, per term/semester.
  • Must have a junior or senior standing at their high school.
  • Cannot earn both course credit and A.P. exam credit when they attend Fresno State.  If the student does not attend Fresno State, then they will have to check with their institution on possible restrictions.

Grading Options

Most Uni-track classes are offered with the "Mixed Grading" option.  This means you can choose the "Letter" Grading option A, B, C, D, F, WU (failure - withdrawal unauthorized), I (incomplete) or CR/NC (credit/no credit) option.

When you select a "Letter" Grading option of A, B, C, D, F, WU or I, the appropriate grade points are calculated into the grade point average at Fresno State. The following are grade points that will be earned for the following letter grades: A (4 points per unit), B (3 grade points per unit), C (2 grade points per unit), D (1 grade point per unit), F (0 grade points per unit), WU (0 grade points per unit) and I (not used in grade point calculations).

When you select a CR/NCR option, you must earn at least a "C" or better grade to receive Credit (CR) in the course. The "CR" grade contains no grade points, but the units are allowed for your degree and are not computed into your grade point average. If you earn a No Credit (NCR) grade, this means you didn't earn a "C" or better in the course. No units will be calculated into your total number of units completed, and no units will be allowed towards your degree. No grade points are calculated into your grade point average.

*If the student doesn't choose a grading option, when the "Mixed Grading" option is available, the system will automatically default to "Letter" Grading.

**Some Uni-track courses don't have a grading option available, and the grading basis cannot be chosen by the individual student.

Final Grades

Once a final grade has been posted to your official Fresno State record, it becomes part of your permanent academic record. Grade forgiveness is not available to those students who earn a D, F, WU (failure - withdrawal unauthorized) or No Credit (NC).

Determining Term Assignments

To simplify this process, Uni-track courses will occur in the following two terms: Fall and Spring.

Course Begins Course Ends Term
August December or January Fall
August May or June Spring
May or June Spring

Academic Unit Maximum, Per Semester/Term

Students are limited to enrolling in a total of 8 units of academic credit or a total of two courses, per semester/term. 

Uni-track students requesting to exceed eight units of academic credit in a given semester/term must contact Dolores Vezzolini, Program Coordinator, at 559.278.0418 or via email at drodrig@csufresno.edu. Requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.  


Fees are $40 per course.


Please understand that if you register for a Uni-track course and you decide to drop the course at your high school you must also drop the course through Fresno State within the appropriate deadlines and follow the appropriate drop procedures established by CGE. Retroactive Withdrawals will only be considered for circumstances that arise beyond a student's control.

Uni-track courses can be dropped on-line by accessing your student account through  http://my.fresnostate.edu. If your name appears on your Uni-track instructor's final grade roster, then you have not dropped the course.


There are typically no refunds for Uni-track students. Special exceptions will be considered only for extraordinary circumstances beyond a student's control (such as involuntary hospitalization) which will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Students should contact CGE at 559.278.0333 for more information.


Fresno State Transcripts can be obtained through the Transcript Office on our Fresno State campus. Information on how to request an "official" transcript can be viewed at the following URL:  http://fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/registrar/documents/forms/records/Transcript_Request.pdf

Registration and Payment Information

For Registration and Payment instructions, please click here.

Click here for a list of courses articulated for the fall 2018 semester and spring 2019 (year-long courses) with high schools throughout the Central Valley.

Please obtain class numbers from your high school teacher.

If your high school offers articulated courses with Fresno State, please check with your teacher on how you can register and pay your fees online.

For more information, please contact:

Dolores R. Vezzolini, Uni-track Coordinator
California State University, Fresno
5005 N. Maple Avenue M/S ED76
Fresno, CA 93740-8025
Office: 559.278.0418
Email: drodrig@csufresno.edu