- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Certificate of Advanced Study – Online
- Homeland Security Certificate of Advanced Study – Online
Professional Training Programs
- Medical Coding & Billing Training Program (CareerStep) (New)
- Medical Interpreting Program (New)
- Beacon Certificate Program I (Decipher) (New)
Teacher Education (VESI)
Complete online courses at your convenience and at a pace that fits your schedule. Earn undergraduate Extension units (non-residency bearing) and enhance your teaching skills.
Course Numbering System: 300 - 399 courses are typically not accepted as units towards an undergraduate and graduate degree. Please consult your academic advisor.
System Requirements: In order to access your online course(s), reliable high-speed Internet is required, as well as, a printer connected to your computer.
- Macintosh requirements: Operating system 9.2, OS10.x, OS X 10.5 Leopard, a color monitor (min. 10"), 1 GB of RAM, and 5MB of hard disk space.
- Window requirements: Windows XP or newer, a color monitor (min. 10"), 1 GB of RAM, and at least 5 MB of available hard drive space.
What's the next step? A representative from our partner, Virtual Education Software, Inc, (VESI) will contact you by email with important information once you have registered and paid for your course(s). The email will include your username, password and URL necessary to access your online course(s).
*CD-ROM courses are no longer available.
- Advanced Classroom Management: Children as Change Agents (2 units)
- Autism & Asperger’s Disorder: Information & Effective Intervention Strategies (2 units)
- Child Abuse: Working with Abused & Neglected Children (2 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Family-Centered Services (2 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Infant & Toddler Emotional Development (2 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Observation & Assessment (3 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Program Planning (3 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Typical & Atypical Development (3 units)
- Educational Assessment: Assessing Student Learning in the Classroom (2 units)
- Inclusion: Working with Students with Special Needs in General Education Classrooms (2 units)
- Learning Disabilities: Practical Information for the Classroom Teacher (3 units)
- Reading and Writing in Content Area (2 units)
- Talented & Gifted: Working with High Achievers (2 units)
- Teaching Diversity: Influences & Issues in the Classroom (2 units)
- Teaching Elementary Math Conceptually: A New Paradigm (2 units)
- Traumatized Child: The Effects of Stress, Trauma & Violence in Student Learning (2 units)
- Try DI! Planning and Preparing a Differentiated Instruction Program (3 units)
- Understanding Aggression: Coping with Aggressive Behavior in the Classroom (3 units)
- Why DI? An Introduction to Differentiated Instruction (3 units)
Once you log on to the course, no refund is available. Prior to logging on, you may request a refund by submitting a Program/Change Refund form. A full refund will be granted to participants requesting a refund within 30 days of the registration date with submission of completed Program Change/Refund form. No refund will be made after 30 days past registration date.
- GMAT Preparation Course – Online
- GRE Preparation Course – Online
- LSAT Preparation Course – Online
- SAT Preparation Course – Online