- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Certificate of Advanced Study – Online
- Homeland Security Certificate of Advanced Study – Online
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate of Advanced Study – Online
Professional Training Programs
- Medical Coding & Billing Training Program (CareerStep) (New)
- Medical Interpreting Program (New)
- Decipher Certification Program
Teacher Education (VESI)
Spring 2018 courses are now available through April 13, 2018; coursework must be completed by May 17, 2018.
Complete online courses at your convenience and at a pace that fits your schedule. Earn Extension units (non-residency bearing) and enhance your teaching skills.
Course Numbering System: 300 - 399 courses are typically not accepted as units towards an undergraduate and graduate degree. Please consult your academic advisor or school district for approval before enrolling.
Designed to meet professional needs that cannot be served by regular established course offerings.
System Requirements: to access your online course(s), reliable high-speed Internet is required, as well as, a printer connected to your computer.
- Macintosh requirements: Operating system 9.2, OS10.x, OS X 10.5 Leopard, a color monitor (min. 10"), 1 GB of RAM, and 5MB of hard disk space.
- Window requirements: Windows XP or newer, a color monitor (min. 10"), 1 GB of RAM, and at least 5 MB of available hard drive space.
What's the next step? A representative from our partner, Virtual Education Software, Inc, (VESI) will contact you by email with important information once you have registered and paid for your course(s). The email will include your username, password and URL necessary to access your online course(s).
If you have questions regarding the registration/payment process, if you have not received your "welcoming email" from VESI on starting your new course, or if you need to contact your VESI instructor, please contact Dolores Vezzolini, Program Coordinator, at 559.278.0418 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Education Software, Inc., (VESI) can be reached Toll Free: 1.800.313.6744 and by Fax: 509.926.7768. Syllabi for VESI courses can be viewed by searching for the course title (in alpha order) and then clicking the course syllabus option.
*CD-ROM courses are no longer available. VESi courses are now tablet compatible, making it easy for you to recertify anytime, anywhere with reliable, stable online access.
- Advanced Classroom Management: Children as Change Agents (2 units)
- Autism & Asperger’s Disorder: Information & Effective Intervention Strategies (2 units)
- Child Abuse: Working with Abused & Neglected Children (2 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Family-Centered Services (2 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Infant & Toddler Emotional Development (2 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Observation & Assessment (3 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Program Planning (3 units)
- Early Childhood Education: Typical & Atypical Development (3 units)
- Educational Assessment: Assessing Student Learning in the Classroom (2 units)
- Inclusion: Working with Students with Special Needs in General Education Classrooms (2 units)
- Learning Disabilities: Practical Information for the Classroom Teacher (3 units)
- Reading and Writing in Content Area (2 units)
- Response to Intervention (3 units)
- Talented & Gifted: Working with High Achievers (2 units)
- Teaching Diversity: Influences & Issues in the Classroom (2 units)
- Teaching Elementary Math Conceptually: A New Paradigm (2 units)
- Traumatized Child: The Effects of Stress, Trauma & Violence in Student Learning (2 units)
- Try DI! Planning and Preparing a Differentiated Instruction Program (3 units)
- Understanding Aggression: Coping with Aggressive Behavior in the Classroom (3 units)
- Why DI? An Introduction to Differentiated Instruction (3 units)
Once you log on to the course, no refund is available. Prior to logging on, you may request a refund by submitting a Program/Change Refund form. A full refund will be granted to participants requesting a refund within 30 days of the registration date with submission of completed Program Change/Refund form. No refund will be made after 30 days past registration date.