Fresno State Downtown Center
Fresno State offers Professional Development courses and workshops at the Downtown Center at Bitwise South Stadium.
These programs are offered at our location at 700 Van Ness at Mono in Downtown Fresno. Please check back as classes are added to the calendar regularly.
Scheduled Programs—Now Registering Online
- Improve Your Memory (Tuesdays, January 9-February 6, 2018)
- So, You Think You Can't Paint (Wednesdays, January 10, 17, 24, 31 & February 7, 2018)
- Craft Beer 201 (Wednesdays, January 31, February 7, 14, 21, 28, and Saturdays, January 27 and February 10, 2018)
- Package Design and Implementation for Small Business (Mondays, February 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2018)
- Perspectives on Fresno's Architectural History (Tuesdays, February 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2018)
- Project Management for the Workplace (Monday-Thursday, February 19-22, 2018)
- Magic Numbers—Mental Math (Tuesdays, February 27-April 6, 2018)
- How to Make New Year's Resolutions—and Keep Them (Tuesday, November 14, 2017)
- MS Project for Beginners (Monday-Thursday, October 2-5, 2017)
- How to Avoid Verbal Conflict (Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 12 – 28, 2017)
- Getting the Job You Want (Wednesdays, September 13, 20 & 27, 2017)
- Cut Through the Noise: Strategies for Promoting Your Business or Organization (Wednesday, September 13)
- Certificate Award in Beginning Grant Writing and Management (Fridays, August 25 & September 1; Saturdays, August 26 & September 2)
- Adobe InDesign Fundamentals (Tuesday, August 22, 2017)
- Adobe Illustrator Fundamentals (Tuesday, August 15, 2017)
- Stop Procrastinating: How to End Those Needless Delays and Get More Done (Wednesday, August 16, 2017)
- Project Management for the Workplace (Monday - Thursday, August 21 – 24, 2017)
- Adobe Photoshop Fundamentals (Tuesday, August 8, 2017)
- Craft Beer 101 (Wednesdays, July 12, 19, 26, August 2, 9 & Saturday, August 19, 2017)
- Learn at Lunch: How to Become More Productive and Less Stressed (Wednesdays, June 7, 14, 21 & 28, 2017)
- Career Readiness Academy (February, March, April)
- Advanced Grant Writing and Management Certificate of Completion (Fridays, March 6 & 17, and Saturdays, March 11 & 18, 2017)
- Making Social Media Work for Small Businesses (Monday, November 21, 2016)
- Using Google Analytics to Measure Website Performance (Wednesday, November 9, 2016)
- Introduction to Search Engine Marketing (Thursday, October 27, 2016)
- Personal Branding for Job Seekers (Tuesdays & Thursdays, October 25 – November 17, 2016)
- Beginning Grant Writing and Management Certificate of Completion (September 30 – October 29, 2016)
- Is Your Business Idea Feasible? (September 27 & October 4)
- Managing Online Reviews and Reputation (Monday, September 26, 2016)
- Fundamentals of Thai Yoga Therapy Certification (September 9 – 11, 2016)
- Your How-To Guide to Watering Your Landscape (Tuesday, May 24, 2016)
- Professional Communication: Core Concepts (Tuesday, May 17, 2016)
- Small Space, Urban and Indoor Gardening (Monday, May 16, 2016)
- Selection and Care of Water-Wise Plants (Tuesday, May 10, 2016)
- The People-Plant Connection: Do You Need More Nature in Your Life? (Monday, May 2, 2016)
- Downtown Business and Investment Series with Veronica Stumpf (Wednesday, May 4, 8:30 am - 10:00 am) contact email@example.com for details
- Creating a Water-Wise Landscape (Tuesday, April 26, 2016)
- Building Disruptive Startups (Postponed)
- Business Communication for Professionals (Saturdays, March 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2016)
- Branded Email Marketing Solutions (Tuesday, February 16, 2016)
- Basic Design Principles (Tuesday, December 1, 2015)
- Marketing in a Digital World (Thursday, October 29, Tuesday, November 3 & Saturdays,
November 14 & 21
Complete the contact form at the bottom of the page to receive email updates when new classes are added to the schedule.
What is the Downtown Center?
The Downtown Center is an exciting partnership between Fresno State and Bitwise Industries that will bring professional development courses to Downtown Fresno. Fresno State will maintain a pair of classrooms in the Bitwise South Stadium. These classrooms will be available for new and ongoing Fresno State programs that best serve a downtown population.
The Division of Continuing and Global Education maintains the Bitwise agreement and schedules programs for the Downtown Center.
The Downtown Center will offer a series of professional development programs geared toward the Downtown Fresno workforce. The programs listed here do not offer University credit (i.e. the courses cannot be used as credit toward Fresno State degree programs) unless otherwise indicated.
Where is the Downtown Center?
The Downtown Center is located at Bitwise South Stadium, a new technology hub at the corner of Van Ness and Mono in Downtown Fresno. The South Stadium will also house office space for technology companies, the Hashtag (a shared workspace for technology professionals), and the Geekwise Academy, a technology education program.The Phelan Building at 700 Van Ness Avenue, a historic structure in Downtown Fresno, is being re-envisioned as the South Stadium complex. The century-old building was abandoned for many years before being purchased by Bitwise Industries in 2014.
Learn More/Suggest a Class
If you'd like to be added to our email list for information about the Downtown Center, please use the form below or call the Division of Continuing and Global Education at 559.278.0333 during regular business hours.
If you live and/or work downtown and are interested in courses at the Downtown Center, we want to hear from you! Please use the form below to suggest a course, event or workshop that might be offered at the Downtown Center.
Continuing and Global Education Newsletter: "Downtown Project"
Fresno Bee Article from March 23, 2015: "Work continues on new Bitwise location in downtown Fresno" (external link)