Business Communication for Professionals
Improve your writing competency in workplace communication, with a focus on meeting real-life work challenges. Review clear and effective business language and look at business writing styles and formats.
This four-session workshop will cover the basics of workplace writing for the professional, including how to tailor your message and use concise business language. Topics include the following:
- Choose the medium that works for your message (i.e., print, electronic)
- Tailor your message for the professional business setting
- Communicate your objective
- Watch for connotations. Convey what you mean.
- Avoid writing mistakes, including misspelled and misused words (i.e., effect, affect)
- Use correct grammar and punctuation. Use parallel verbs. Stay concise and clear.
- Apply proofreading and editing skills.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Dates: Four Saturdays—March 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Location: Downtown Center, Bitwise South Stadium, Van Ness at Mono
Fee: $125. Class No. 36894. Registration recommended by February 26. Download registration form (PDF) here.
Instructor: April Schulthies, M.A., is a communications professional with more than 20 years of experience in the workplace and a graduate degree in English. She currently works as an editor for University Communications at California State University, Fresno.