Introduction to 3D Modeling & Animation
This class has been cancelled and may be rescheduled at a later date.
The Fresno State Downtown Center presents Introduction to 3D Modeling & Animation, a brand-new, six-week workshop. Learn 3D modeling and animation with the powerful, FREE software used by countless professionals!
This workshop will include lessons on how to model, rig, animate, and render in Blender. A final project will be produced that brings together the student’s work in an animated sequence representative of something one might do for a real estate visualization project. Additionally, this workshop will explore how content created in Blender can be exported for use in other applications.
Students will learn how to:
- MODEL buildings & other “man-made” geometric objects.
- DESIGN smooth & “organic” surfaces using surface smoothing & spline modeling.
- CREATE texture maps for 3D objects.
- ANIMATE a 3D character’s movements with a rigging system.
- RENDER quality images using Blender’s Cycles engine.
- EXPORT content created in Blender for use in other applications.
- ASSEMBLE complete rendered scenes with buildings, objects, & animated characters!
- Workshop Name: Introduction to Blender (EXARTD 113; Section 90; Class No. 77520)
- Dates: Mondays & Wednesdays; September 24 - October 31, 2018
- Time: 6:00PM - 9:00PM
- Location: Geekwise Room #2 @ Bitwise South Stadium (click here for directions)
- Fee: $250
- Requirements: Please bring a laptop. A limited number of laptops are available for use during class time. Students may reserve a laptop by emailing David Hoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: September 24, 2018. Registration is not permitted once the class has begun.
Blender is a free software suite for 3D modeling and animation. It is available to download at no cost. To learn more and download the software, visit blender.org.
About the Instructor
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.