You are eligible to enroll in courses through the Open University program if you:
- missed Fresno State’s admission deadline
- want to update your professional training and job skills for your current or future work
- want to test your interest in a field before entry or re-entry
- want to explore personal interests
- were disenrolled or disqualified from the university or from an undergraduate degree program. Graduate students who are disqualified from the university are not eligible to enroll in 200 level courses through Open University.
- are NOT admitted and enrolled, or a continuing Fresno State student.
International Students may enroll through Open University if the following criteria apply:
- currently enrolled full-time at another college, and
- have permission from their school’s registrar, and
- have filed a California State University, Fresno International Student Application (with fee) within appropriate deadlines and were evaluated to be ineligible for regular Fresno State admission, and
- have an authorized ISSP Open University Approval form