The American Institute for Roman Culture
Signature Semester Program in Rome Spring 2015
January 14 – May 15, 2015
HUM 101T, 13 units of California State University, Fresno credit
Rome is a unique place for students from countless disciplines to explore and gain new forms of inspiration. In the AIRC semester program (school of record California State University, Fresno), students not only gain insights but also important skill sets for the 21st century.
Through our unique partnerships with the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Tourism and the City of Rome, as well as access to our own projects and ongoing initiatives with partners, students learn first-hand and participate.
Studies of history, architecture, urban planning, and Italian language are matched with real-life experiences in excavation, preservation, site management, social media platforms, video production, and photography.
The semester program is designed for anyone, but especially students of mass communications, journalism, history, art history, classics, architecture, engineering, urban studies, museum studies, historic preservation, and religious studies.
In Spring 2015, the program will be held from January 14 to May 15.
Students take two required courses and may choose two elective courses from several offerings.
- Layers of Rome and discovering Italy (This allows excursions in Tuscany and Campania)
- Elementary Italian
- Mass Communications and Journalism through digital media
- Renaissance and Baroque Art
- Religions of Rome
Total Cost: $14,670
- Housing: including standard use of utilities and unlimited wifi
- Classrooms and faculty.
- Transport and lodging for excursions and site included in course syllabi.
- Required course readings.
- Welcome and farewell meals.
- Library/computer lab access.
- AIRC student services (dedicated staff, 24/7 emergency phone, resources, support).
- Cell phone rental (does not cover airtime).
- All museum entry tickets associated with course syllabi.
- Permesso di soggiorno (stay permit) fees.
Application due date: November 6, 2014. After November 6, a late fee will be assessed. The last date for accepting late applications is November 12, 2014. Interested people are encouraged to apply early, as space is limited.
To apply, visit the AIRC website http://romanculture.org/programsinstitutes/signature-semester-program All inquiries and application documents should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Division of Continuing and Global Education, California State University, Fresno, 5005 N. Maple Avenue, M/S ED76, Fresno, CA 93740-8025. 559.278.0333 or email@example.com
To download a detailed flyer of this program, click here.
Other semester and short term programs are available. Click here for more information.