Faculty and Staff Opportunities
There are numerous international opportunities for Fresno State faculty to conduct research, study languages and cultures, teach or be a resident director in study abroad programs. Faculty can also develop and coordinate short term study abroad programs during summer semester and intersession periods.
The Division of Continuing and Global Education assists faculty in the development of short term study programs. Links below provide information regarding other overseas opportunities for faculty.
CSU System - Resident Director
Each year the CSU International Programs recruits faculty to serve as Resident Directors (RDs) in a number of its study abroad programs. These positions represent one of the best chances within the CSU to work and live for a year in the following countries: France, Italy and Spain. As a faculty member appointed to be RD, you will have the advantage of:
- Close advising and mentoring relationships with CSU students in the study centers;
- professional faculty contacts in the host country; and
- administrative experience abroad and at home.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Tenured or tenure track faculty in a full-time teaching or administrative position are eligible to apply (FERP faculty are not eligible);
- Appropriate terminal degree for the candidate's discipline;
- Appropriate overseas experience;
- Appropriate foreign language skills
What is the Application Process?
- Applications are available from your campus ACIP representative in September.
- Completed applications are due December 1 of each year.
- Application screening takes place in January.
- On-site interviews of candidates with the Faculty Affairs Committee takes place at the Chancellor's Office in February.
- RD appointments are announced in April.
Short-Term Study Tours
(Summer or Intersessions)
Design short-term study tours abroad for Fresno State students. Faculty identify institutional linkages overseas, budget anticipated costs, arrange travel and accommodations, and get necessary clearances from their department and college. Faculty determine the study tour itinerary and ensure the educational value for students.
The Division of Continuing & Global Education works closely with the faculty in processing
Contact: Cyndy Trent, Continuing and Global Education, 559.278.0333
USAC Visiting Professor Program
Fresno State faculty have the unique opportunity to help internationalize the university and support the University Study Abroad Consortium (USAC) mission by teaching abroad on summer, January, or semester Specialty Programs.
USAC is currently accepting applications for visiting professor applications for summer 2018, fall 2018, winter 2018/19 and spring 2019. Applications are due December 1, 2016.
Candidates must be full-time faculty members with at least a Master’s degree who will be returning to their home university following their term abroad. Other key qualifications include:
- superior teaching abilities reflected in student evaluation summaries
- flexibility regarding international living and working conditions, esp. with regards to teaching technology and schedules
- willingness to enthusiastically experience local culture with students
- contribution to the host university overseas, in addition to teaching the selected course(s)
- active participation in publicizing and recruiting for their course(s) and program to ensure sufficient course enrollment
For more information please contact Kathryn Morrissey – email@example.com