Financial Aid

Studying abroad can be as affordable as attending Fresno State, and students may be eligible to use financial aid to help cover the cost!

How it works:

The program type and length of program are considered when evaluating financial aid for study abroad. Generally, federal financial aid (Pell Grant, loans) can be applied to semester-based programs, state aid (university or Cal grant) can be applied to programs to resident credit based programs. Federal work-study cannot be applied to study abroad programs. Summer is also considered a special circumstance with limited financial aid. After all documents are submitted, SAIE will notify the financial aid office of all students going abroad.

The financial aid office will then evaluate the students' file and determine financial aid eligibility for the specific study abroad program. 

Before going abroad:

  1. Make sure you have a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file.
  2. Sign up for direct deposit of financial aid.
  3. Work with SAIE to ensure all required paperwork is completed by the stated deadline