Why Teach a Summer Session Class?
Students benefit from additional opportunities to take coursework during the summer and can make considerable progress toward graduation. Students who take high demand classes in Summer Session open seats for others during the fall and spring semesters.
Contact the Summer Session coordinator, David Hoff, at email@example.com or 559.278.0317 with any questions about Summer Session.
Summer Session Faculty Website
- Course Proposal Guide: guidance for completing the course proposal form and scheduling a Summer Session class.
- Course Enrollment Review: information on how course enrollment is reviewed and when/how classes are cancelled.
- Instructor Pay: overview of the instructor salary schedule and pay process for Summer Session.
- Procedures & Resources: information about Canvas, permission numbers, grades, and more.
Timeline for Summer Session 2019
- TBD October: Call for proposals issued to faculty.
- November 30: Last day to submit Summer Session course proposals to Continuing and Global Education. NOTE: departments and colleges may have earlier, internal deadlines for faculty.
- December 2018/January 2019: Summer Session classes scheduled.
- February 14: Summer Session tentative course list posted to website.
- Early March: Summer Session class posters delivered to department offices.
- March 13: Early Registration opens for students. Fees must be paid by April 22.
- April 1: Deadline to submit course material information to Kennel Bookstore (contact the bookstore for more information).
- April 22: Early Registration ends and fees are due. Students who have not paid will be dis-enrolled, but may re-enroll for remaining seats during Late Registration.
- April 23: Late Registration begins. Students must pay fees within 24 hours of enrolling in a class.
- May 28: Late Registration freezes.
- May 29-30: Summer Session enrollment reviewed. Classes with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled. NOTE: instructors, please check your email on May 29-30 for important communications about your class(es).
- May 31: Late Registration reopens.
- June 10: Summer Session classes begin.
- July 4: Campus closed for Independence Day holiday. No classes will be held.
- August 9: Last day of Summer Session classes.