2017 Summer Session
NOTE (6/12/17): Instructors, if you are having issues with BlackBoard, please email email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of your issue. A ticket will be created by Technology Services and CGE can then advance your concern with the appropriate party or parties. We will do everything in our power to help. Thank you!
Click here for a list of cancelled Summer Session classes. (list updated on June 5, 2017)
Summer Session runs between June 12 – August 11, 2017. Click below to continue. Students can use this time to accelerate degree completion or expand their academic horizons.
- Provost Graduation Initiative Grant: The grant is for Fresno State students who are close to graduating. Qualified students may be eligible to receive up to $1,260 from the Division of Continuing and Global Education toward eligible Summer coursework.
- For Students: Registration information, policies, deadlines, and frequently asked questions for Summer Session.
- For Faculty: Course proposals, viability, instructor pay, and policies for faculty and department staff.
- Course Schedule: List of Summer Session classes.
Looking for a General Education or Upper Division Writing Requirement class in Summer Session? A listing of GE and W classes (PDF) is linked here
Timeline for Summer Session 2017
|January 30||Summer Session tentative course list goes live.|
|March||Official Class Schedule is released in early March.|
|March 20||Early Registration opens. Current students may register on their MyFresnoState accounts.|
|May 21||Early Registration ends. Fee deadline for Early Registration. Students who have not paid fees will be dropped from their classes on May 22.|
|May 22||Late Registration opens and lasts until the first day of class. Students must pay fees within 24 hours of registration.Reg|
|May 30-31||Registration unavailable. Course viability decisions will be made in consultation with faculty. Classes with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled.|
|June 12||Summer Session classes begin.|
|July 4||Independence Day holiday. Campus closed and no classes.|
|August 11||Last day of Summer Session classes.|
- Call 559.278.0333 or
- Visit the Division of Continuing and Global Education in the Education Building, Room 130, 5005 N. Maple Avenue, M/S ED76, Fresno, CA 93740. Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Summer office hours are 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.