Paying the SEVIS I-901 Fee
All new students with I-20s marked for "Initial Attendance" must complete Form I-901 and pay the SEVIS fee before making an appointment to obtain an F-1 student visa. This fee is not payable to the AEI. You must have a copy of the receipt that proves that the SEVIS fee was paid. If you are subject to this fee and do not pay it, you may not be issued a non-immigrant visa for admission to the United States. The SEVIS fee does not have to be paid by F-2 applicants.
Additional information regarding the SEVIS fee may be found on the following web site: www.FMJfee.com.
Obtaining Your Visa
You should contact your nearest U.S. Embassy/Consulate to make an appointment to obtain your student visa. Please refer to the Immigration Tab on the International Student Services and Programs link for more details about the visa process.
Take the following documents to the embassy or consulate for your visa interview:
- Form I-20 from the American English Institute
- AEI acceptance documents
- SEVIS I-901 payment receipt
- Receipt for payment of the AEI application fee
- Financial documents
- Housing reservation (if available)
- Form DS-156 (Use your name as it is in your passport.)
- Form DS-157 (For males ages 16 45 only)
- Form DS-158 (Check to see if this form is required at the embassy/consulate in your country.)