Arrival in Fresno and Housing
Arrival in Fresno
New AEI students should arrive in Fresno at least 14 days before the first day of class in order to do the following:
- Make housing arrangements
- Complete program registration (including fee payment)
- Take the placement test
- Attend orientation activities
- Become accustomed to the Fresno environment
The AEI is unable to provide airport pick-up service. Your AEI Acceptance Booklet will contain information about taxi service to the AEI or to nearby hotels.
Students wishing to live on campus in the dormitory may visit the University Courtyard's website ( www.universitycourtyard.org) to find information about rates and room options. There is an online application and a downloadable application. There is no family housing on campus.
There are several housing options for students wishing to live off campus, including apartments or living with an American host family.
- Apartments: Unfurnished apartments can range from $500 to $800 per month, plus utilities. Two to four students can usually share an apartment if they wish.
- Private Homes: Living in a private home can be a great opportunity to learn about American culture and to practice your English. Costs range from abut $350 to $500 for a room only (you will buy and cook your own food). If meals are provided by the family, the cost may range from $400 to $600 per month. While some homes are close to the university, many of them are farther away, so you may need to buy a monthly bus pass.
Information for off-campus housing can be found at the following website: www.fresno.OCH101.com.