- Summer 2015 processing has already begun.
- Please mail completed AEI application with all supporting documents and fees listed on page 3 of the application. Applications dropped off at the AEI office must be in a SEALED envelope with student's full name.
- Note that your applications may or may not be accepted.
PDF Files require Adobe Reader. Click here to install.
Applying to the AEI
You must submit the following items by the deadline for the session to which you are applying:
- Completed AEI application
- Application fee (payable to California State University, Fresno). This fee includes U.S. Postal Express Mail.
- If you are outside the United States, your application fee must have a computerized bank code and routing number and must be payable through a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars.(Session and Fee Schedule)
- The AEI cannot accept credit card payments or bank transfers.
- Bank statement (in U.S. dollar equivalency) from the person or agency that will support your educational and living expenses
- For Admission Purpose Letter for ESL studies if you are a government-sponsored student
- Copy of your passport page(s) that show your name, passport number, issue date, expiration date, birth date, and photograph
If you are currently studying at another U.S. school, you must also submit a completed AEI Transfer Eligibility Form with your AEI application.
*This only applies to students who have applied to Fresno State for conditional admissions and would also like to study at the American English Institute.
For questions concerning conditional admissions, please contact (International Student Services and Programs) ISSP here.
Once you have applied for conditional admissions at Fresno State, please fill out the form below.
If you are currently studying at another U.S. school, you must also submit a completed AEI Transfer Eligibility Form with your AEI application. Admissions to AEI does NOT guarantee admissions to Fresno State and admissions to Fresno State does NOT guarantee admissions to AEI.
AEI Acceptance Documents
When your completed application materials have been reviewed and approved by the AEI, the following items will be sent to you:
- AEI Acceptance Letter
- AEI Acceptance Booklet
- AEI Learning Environment and Student Guidelines
- Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire and Blood Test Verification Form (California State University, Fresno Health Center)
- Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility, Form I-20 A-B)