You are in the official current online General Catalog
for California State University, Fresno.
Purpose: An educated person must be able to read critically, communicate effectively, and think clearly.
Select one course from each of the following four categories for a minimum of 12 units.
- Oral Communication - One A1 course (Area A).
- Written Communication - One A2 course (Area A).
- Critical Thinking - One A3 course (Area A).
- Quantitative Reasoning - One B4 course (Area B).
- COMM 3 - Fundamentals of Public Communication (Area A1)
- COMM 7 - Persuasion (Area A1)
- COMM 8 - Group Discussion (Area A1)
- AFRS 20 - Critical Thinking about Race (Area A3)
- ANTH 30 - Critical Thinking in Anthropology (Area A3)
- CLAS 30 - Critical Thinking in Chicano and Latin American Studies (Area A3)
- COMM 5 - Argumentation (Area A3)
- CSCI 1 - Critical Thinking and Compter Science (Area A3)
- GEOG 25 - Critical Thinking in Geography (Area A3)
- GME 5 - Critical Reasoning (Area A3)
- NSCI 4 - Science and Nonsense: Facts, Fads, and Critical Thinking (Area A3)
- PHIL 25 - Methods of Reasoning (Area A3)
- PHIL 45 - Introduction to Logic (Area A3)
- SOC 3 - Critical Thinking about Society (Area A3)
- WS 12 - Critical Thinking: Gender Issues (Area A3)
- DS 71 - Quantitative Analysis (Area B4)
- MATH 45 - What Is Mathematics? (Area B4)
- MATH 75 - Calculus I (Area B4)
- MATH 75A - Calculus with Review IA (Area B4)