Natural Sciences - Chemistry Option, B.A.
Bachelor of Arts Degree Requirements
Natural Sciences Major
David M. Andrews,
The B.A. in Natural Sciences serves as a waiver program for the Single Subject Teaching Credential in Science. Please contact Mr. Jaime Arvizu, College of Science and Mathematics counselor, for advising and more information at 278-5173.
1. Major Requirements (71-72 units)
Core requirements (36 units)
Natural Science (3 units)
Physical Science (4 units)
2. General Education requirements (49 units) (See note 2)
3. Other requirements (6 units)
Upper-division writing and Multicultural and International (MI)
4. Sufficient elective units to meet required total units (varies)
5.Total (120 units)**
* Offered fall semester only.
** G.E. and MI courses can be double-counted with major requirements. The writing
requirement may be met by taking the upper-division writing exam. See advisor for
Advising Notes for all Options within the Natural Sciences Major
- Substitutions may be made with the permission of the appropriate department chair. PHYS 4A-B-C with labs 4AL, 4BL is recommended instead of PHYS 2A-B for those students well-prepared for physics.
- This total assumes that students in this option will maximize 13 units required for the major that also may be applied to fulfill General Education requirements as follows: CHEM 1A/1AL (4 units), BIOL 1A (3 units), EES 168 (3 units) and, depending on emphasis and choice, MATH 75 (3 units). Consult your major advisor for details.
B.A. in Natural Sciences - Chemistry Option
A Roadmap identifies the specific set of courses students must complete in their major in sequential order. Information on corequisites or prerequisites is listed along with other pertinent information to assist students in completing courses towards the major.
Please note: Roadmaps are not a guarantee of course availability.
If you are looking for archived roadmaps, please click here.