Education Specialist Moderate/Severe - Internship Credential
Teaching Internships Requirements
Teacher in Preparation (TIP) Internship Program. The TIP Internship program is designed for qualified individuals who have prior classroom experience and who seek an alternative route to obtaining a Preliminary Teaching Credential. Students must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and meet all criteria for admission to a basic credential program. Candidates who have been instructional assistants or successful long-term substitute teachers and who are holders of provisional short-term permits or short-term staff permits are good candidates for the internship program.
Interns have a year-long contract with a participating school district, earning a modestly reduced salary. In addition, interns enroll in coursework leading to a Preliminary Teaching Credential (Single Subject or Multiple Subject) or Level I Teaching Credential (Special Education).
For further information, please contact the Internship Office at 559.278.0232.
Admission Requirements. Applicants must complete the following:
- Verify admission to California State University, Fresno with a Notice of Admission or a current enrollment transcript.
- Verify admission to the Kremen School of Education and Human Development
- Demonstrate subject matter competence.
- Pass the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- Complete a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Provisions and Principles of the U.S. Constitution. Completion of a course (two semester units or three quarter units) in the provisions and principles of the United States Constitution or passage of examination in the subject given by a regionally accredited junior college, college, or university or verification of meeting the interstate agreement requirement.
Applicants must also participate in an interview with internship program faculty. Candidates must also be offered a teaching contract by a participating school district. Interns have the responsibility for finding their own jobs with participating districts.
Multiple Subject Teacher in Preparation (TIP) Internship Program Requirements. Contact the Teacher Internship Office, 559.278.0232.
Single Subject Teacher in Preparation (TIP) Internship Program Requirements. Contact the Teacher Internship Office, 559.278.0232.
Special Education Teacher in Preparation (TIP) Internship Program Requirements. Contact the Teacher Internship Office, 559.278.0232.
For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.
For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.