Human Nutritional Sciences, B.S.
Bachelor of Science Degree Requirements
Human Nutritional Sciences
1. Major Requirements (50 units) and Additional Requirements (28 units)
Career Specialty Emphasis (22 units)
In consultation with assigned faculty advisor, each student is required to select one area of electives to match his or her career goals. Career specialties include the following:
- Dietetics:COUN 174, FSM 131, FSM 133, NUTR 149E, NUTR 156, NUTR 157, NUTR 175; additional courses approved by advisor.
- Nutritional Science:FSC 115, NUTR 162T (3 units), NUTR 180 (3 units), PH 109, PH 135, PHYS 10, additional courses approved by advisor.
2. General Education requirements (48 units)
3. Other requirements (9 units)
American Government and Institutions (PLSI 2), Multicultural and International (MI), and Upper-division writing. Human Nutrition Sciences majors are exempt from the MI requirement.
4. Sufficient elective units to meet required total units (varies)
5. Total units (120)*
* This total indicates that 12 units for CHEM 3A [GE Area B1], MATH 11 [GE Area B4], NUTR 53 [GE Area E1], and PSYCH 10 [GE Area D2] are used to satisfy the General Education requirements. See advisor for details.
The faculty members continue to be recognized for quality hands-on education as well as scholarly contributions to their academic disciplines. Each student is assigned to a faculty adviser to maximize the student's educational experience at California State University, Fresno. The faculty are noted for cooperation and activity within each industry to prepare and place graduates in their chosen career.
For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.
For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.