Architectural Studies, B.S.
The Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies degree is currently a Pilot Program.
Bachelor of Science Degree Requirements
Architectural Studies Major
1. Major Requirements (50-52 units) and Additional Requirements (20 units)
Major Internship Requirements (0-2 units)
Option 1: 800 hours of internship experience documented through an approved professional internship program such as the NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP)
Option 2: Two separate 1-unit credit-based internship courses (CM 193I)
Additional requirements (20 units)
Math (4 units): MATH 70 or MATH 75
Physics (4 units): PHYS 2A
Option Courses (12 units required with no more than 6 units in lower-division courses):
ART 13, ART 20, ART 113, ART 120, CM 110, CM 116, CM 122, CM 124, CRP 81, CRP 102, CRP 103, CRP 104, GEOG 132, GEOG 160, GEOG 181, GEOG 184, GEOG 187T, ID 43, ID 77, ID 116, ID 134, ID 145, SOC 163
2. General Education requirements (48 units)*
3. Other requirements (9 units)
American Government and Institutions (PLSI 2), Multicultural and International (MI), and Upper-division writing
4. Sufficient elective units to meet required total units (varies)
5. Total (120 units)
* This total indicates 7 units for PHYS 2A [B1] and MATH 70 or 75 [B4] are used to satisfy the General Education requirements. Note: Architectural Studies majors are exempt from G.E. Area IC
- Courses in major requirements, mathematics, and the physical sciences taken CR/NC are not counted toward fulfillment of degree requirements.
- Students must achieve a “C” or better in major requirements, mathematics, and physical sciences courses.
- All architectural studies students must consult with their academic advisors at least once per academic year.
- All students enrolled in architectural studies courses are required to follow the “DISCOVERe Mobile Device Requirements” as established by the Department of Construction Management. The current version of these requirements can be found on the department website: http://fresnostate.edu/engineering/cm/documents/mobile-device-requirements2019real.pdf
For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.
For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.