Art - Animation Intermedia Option, B.A.
Art Major Requirements - Animation Intermedia Option
1. Major requirements (54 - 59 units)
2. General Education requirements (49 units)
3. Other requirements (9 units)
American Government and Institutions (PLSI 2), Multicultural and International (MI), and Upper-division writing.
4. Sufficient elective units to meet required total units (varies)
5. Total units (120)*
* G.E. and MI courses can be double counted with major requirements. The writing requirement may be met by taking the upper-division writing exam. This total indicates that courses in G.E. Breadth C1 and G.E. Breadth E1 may be applied to the art major. These courses include ARTH 10, 11; ART 20, 40, 50 (G.E. C1); and/or ART 13 (G.E. E1). Consult the department chair or faculty adviser for additional details.
- CR/NC grading is only permitted in ART 198, Internship.
- General Education and elective units may be used toward a double major or minor (see
double major or departmental minor). Consult the appropriate department chair, program
coordinator, or faculty advisor for further information.
The faculty of the department offer diverse, skilled, and professional approaches to art and design education. The methods of teaching reflect distinctive yet complementary ways and means of introducing their disciplines while guiding students through the program with a sense of dedication and commitment to the education of artists, designers, and scholars.
For faculty phone numbers and e-mail, see the campus directory.
For more on the faculty, see the faculty pages.
The faculty pages are updated by the department or program.
The Bachelor of Art Animation and Intermedia option allows students to explore fine art concepts through the use of various technological tools and mediums. Courses are offered in digital Imaging, 3D digital modeling, Video, 2D and 3D Animation. Combined with a strong foundation of art and art history, the program provides a thorough and broad investigation of critical art issues in a socio-economic, historical, art historical context. Students engage with high-end technological processes and learn skills critical to developing a career in either industry or art.
Interesting Classes You Might Take
- Digital Video Art
- Computer Art
- Beginning 3D Digital Art - Modeling
- 2-D Computer Art & Animation
- 3D Digital Art - Animation
About the College
The College of Arts and Humanities provides a diverse student population with the communication skills, humanistic values and cultural awareness that form the foundation of scholarship. The college offers intellectual and artistic programs that engage students and faculty and the community in collaboration, dialog and discovery. These programs help preserve, illuminate and nourish the arts and humanities for the campus and for the wider community.
College Contact Information
College of Arts & Humanities
Office of the Dean
2380 E. Keats MS/MB99
Fresno CA 93740-8024
Phone: (559) 278-3056
FAX: (559) 278-6758
Where We Are Located
We are located in the west wing of the Music Building in Room 186.
Department Contact Information
Phone: (559) 278-2516
FAX: (559) 278-4706
Department of Art and Design
California State University, Fresno
5225 North Backer Avenue M/S 65
Fresno, California 93740-8001
Where We are Located:
Conley Art Building, Room 105