- Read the latest Music Department news on the Arts and Humanities blog.
- Would you like to support Fresno State's Music Department? Donate Here!
- All virtual events will be hosted on the Music Department's YouTube page.
Department Mission Statement
Advancing the musical arts through education, community engagement, artistic creation, and performance.
Our program provides undergraduate and graduates instruction in music for those planning professional careers as performers, composers, and studio teachers, as well as those preparing for advanced degrees in performance and composition. It also provides State-approved subject matter preparation required for a California teaching credential in music, and graduate instruction for students planning professional and academic careers or seeking professional growth as K-12 teachers or junior college instructors. Students can also acquire a broad acquaintance with music for the community and non-music major.
Welcome Dr. Meghan Bennett!
The Fresno State Department of Music is very excited to announce and welcome our new incoming assistant professor of flute, Dr. Meghan Bennett. Dr. Bennett will be joining the faculty in August 2021.
Meghan Bennett leads a diverse career as an educator and solo, chamber and orchestral musician. In Fall 2021 she will begin a new position as Assistant Professor of Flute at California State University, Fresno. Bennett previously served on the faculties of Northern Kentucky University, Prairie View A&M University, OrchKids, the Longhorn Music Camp and the Carolina Summer Music Conservatory. Read More
Pandemic-Period Horn Etudes (2020-2021)
Over the past year one of the activities my horn students undertook was to write etudes. The benefits were many, among them insight into composing, ownership of the process, and more horn literature to play! I was impressed with what they composed, so we decided to post them. That way others could play them and also be motivated to compose their own. Please feel free to print out these etudes and perform them as you wish.
- Abraham Lopez- Etude No. 1 (PDF)
- Alejandro Rojas - No. 1 (PDF)
- Allen Gallego - Etude No. 2, Double and Triple Tonguing (PDF)
- Andrew Vance - Short Study No. 1 (PDF)
- Christopher Woods - One Man's Trash (PDF)
- Jamila Lui - Etude 01 (PDF)
- Jego Canlas - Twister (PDF)
- Silvestre Vasquez - Unpaved Road (PDF)
~ Dr. Thomas Hiebert, Prof. of Horn
Tweets by @FSmusicDept
Upcoming and Special Events
Arianna Knee, Robert Bennett, Amanda Steinhauer, Dr. Shing-Ming Liao, Dr. Matthew Darling
Recent live stream at KVPR public TV and Radio on Wed. Feb. 12, 2020