List of materials required to complete the application for Teaching Associate
1. Online university application via eRecruit,
- To enter eRecruit:
- Go to Fresno State Jobs at http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/hr/jobs/index.html> click on "Current Faculty, Staff, Students" or
- Login to https://my.fresnostate.edu>scroll to "eRecruit".
- Search for the job announcement for Teaching Associate-Spanish (Department of Modern and Classical Languages).
- You may access an eRecruit tutorial:
2. Department TA application, to be uploaded to eRecruit. Please download the application here (this is a Word document). Complete this document, save file as "YourLastName-DeptApp" and Upload to eRecruit when completed.
3. Current unofficial transcripts from your undergraduate and graduate education. If you have attended more than one institution, please copy and combine these transcripts into one document.
- How to submit your unofficial transcripts
- If you are a Fresno State student: Sign into https://my.fresnostate.edu. Access your Unofficial Transcript. Highlight all text throughout the document, copy it and paste it into a word processor document, and save the document with your name somewhere in the file name.
- If you are not yet a Fresno State student: Most U.S. universities allow students to access their academic records online, in a way similar to the way described above for Fresno State students. Contact your institution’s registrar to find out how to access your unofficial transcript and follow the process described above. If you have transcripts from more than one institution, please copy them all and paste them into one document, as eRecruit only allows one document to be uploaded into the link for transcripts. Make certain that each institution is clearly indicated within this document.
4. Curriculum Vita, or résumé. Your Curriculum Vita, or CV, is the academic equivalent of a résumé. It should contain your contact information, your employment and educational history, skills such as computer programming, familiarity with commonly used computer programs, as well as internships, awards, volunteer service, training and any other experience you have that is relevant to education.
5. Personal Statement on teaching, your preparedness for teaching, and your personal and professional goals. This need be only a 1-2 page document in which you describe what skills and knowledge base you possess that you believe would make you a good university-level Spanish instructor, why you would like to teach Spanish at the university level, what your future goals are, and what you hope to gain from the experience of being a Spanish TA here at Fresno State.
- If you are a native speaker of English, you must write this document in Spanish, and if you are a native speaker of Spanish, you must write it in English.
- If you are not a native speaker of either Spanish or English, please compose it in Spanish.
6. Voice Recording: A 1-2 minute voice recording in English and in Spanish summarizing your academic and professional goals. This cannot be uploaded to eRecruit, therefore, it must be e-mailed directly to Dr. Johnson.
Note: The Department must receive the Department TA Application, University e-Recruit Application, personal statement and transcripts by the application deadline. Following a review of applications, the TA Hiring Committee may invite you to an interview. Interview and hiring decision dates will be announced. Phone interviews will be conducted for out-of-State applicants.