Teaching Associateship in Spanish
M.A. students in Spanish in good standing may apply to be a Teaching Associate in Spanish. Teaching Associates teach one basic-level Spanish course per semester, up to a maximum of four semesters.
- Announcement and description of position
- Detailed qualifications for TAships(from the MCLL Spanish M.A. Handbook)
- Criteria for selection and reappointment
- Departmental policies concerning TAs and Instructors
- California State University system Standards for TAs
- Application Materials:
- Submitting online through eRecruit
- Download Department TA application
- How to access and submit your unofficial transcripts to eRecruit
- The Curriculum Vita; résumé
- The personal statement
- The Voice Recording (length, making and submitting)
Application for a TAship is completed online through eRecruit. Go to Fresno State Jobs (Click here: www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/hr/jobs/index.html) and look for the Modern & Classical Languages & Literatures Department's job announcement for TA in Spanish. Read and complete all materials carefully.
The deadline to apply for a TA-ship are normally:
Fall semesters is mid-late March.
Spring semesters is mid-late October.
*Please check job announcement for the actual deadline date.
- Applications received after that date will receive secondary consideration.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Keith Johnson by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (559) 278-6122.
For a downloaded version of these instruction: Information for Prospective Spanish Teaching Associates.