Colloquia and Talks
Talks in Linguistics - Spring 2017
These talks take place from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m. on the Thursdays noted, and are held in Peters Building 390, unless otherwise specified.
- Jan. 26 - Chandra Shekar and Brian Agbayani, on "Minimal Structural Architecture: Evidence from Clausal Restructuring in Kannada"
- Feb. 9 - Chris Golston, CSUF, on "Pyrrhic Feet"
- Feb. 23 - "Visual pattern perception in hunter-gatherers, illiterates, and undergraduates," by Miguel Oliveira Jr., UC Davis and Universidade Federal de Alagoas, and W. Tecumseh Fitch, University of Vienna, Austria
- March 9 - Toni Yates, UCLA, on " The phonology of Cupeño infixing reduplication"
- March 23 Peter Guekguezian, USC
- April 20 Jerry Sadock, University of Chicago