Ethical Leadership Award and Celebration
A combined project of the Fresno State Ethics Center and the Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Goal: To inspire a passion for stewardship and ethical leadership in Fresno State students
- The awardee should have substantial accomplishments of excellence in ethical leadership, stewardship, entrepreneurial innovation, and community engagement. But the awardee need not be at the end of his/her career.
- The awardee should have some tangible connection with Fresno, Fresno State, and the Central Valley, and the experience of diverse students at Fresno State. But the awardee need not be a Fresno State Alum or a resident of the Central Valley.
- The awardee should have a demonstrated ability to communicate a vision of ethics, leadership, and stewardship and be able to inspire our diverse students in concrete ways.
- 2017: Richard Johanson, Chairman emeritus of the Fresno Business Council and Founder of Johanson Transportation
- 2018: Jim Boren, former editor of the Fresno Bee and journalism professor at Fresno State
- 2019: Luis Santana, Founding Director of Reading and Beyond, a non-profit dedicated to serving children and families
To make a nomination (or self-nomination) follow this link: https://forms.gle/3kvqqgW1Jcu7MMgD8
Nomination deadline: December 1, 2019
Celebration of Ethical Leadership is presented by the Ethics Center in partnership with Lyles Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and Better Business Bureau® Serving Central California & Inland Empire Counties.
Sponsored by the Leon S. Peters Foundation.