Single Subject Teaching Credential in English
Do you want to become an English Teacher in California?
First, demonstrate subject matter competence (SMC) through either the English CSET (state test) or an approved subject matter program like the SMC requirements of Fresno State's BA in English Education. Take and pass the CBEST (state test). Then, apply to the Fresno State post-baccalaureate Single-Subject Teaching Credential Program:
2) Complete the Credential Program Application. Be sure to type your answers to the 10 questions on page 2 and make two copies.
3) Obtain medical and fingerprinting (security) clearance.
3) Apply to the University for post-baccalaureate graduate study.
4) Schedule an interview and advising appointment with Dr. Alison Mandaville, Credential Coordinator in English: email@example.com. Bring your completed application and two copies of the typed answers.
5) Submit all application materials to Kremen, Room 100.
NOTE: You may apply to the credential program in your final year of undergraduate study while you are completing subject matter competency requirements. However, you will not be fully admitted nor able to start student teaching until you have demonstrated subject matter competency.