The College of Arts and Humanities Honors Program is designed to provide the opportunity for advanced interdisciplinary studies to upper-division students with outstanding scholarly and creative achievements. The program also provides interaction with a community of intellectual peers in arts and humanities and related disciplines.
The program consists of a two-course commitment (six units), beginning with the 3-unit Honors Seminar (AH 100H) taken in the Fall semester of the senior year.
A three-unit Honors Colloquium (AH 101H) serves as a culmination experience for students to finalize and present their research/creative projects. This program will encourage students to cross traditional disciplinary boundaries through discussion with faculty and fellow students in different departments and to work closely with faculty mentors toward the completion of a research or creative project of the student's choice.
- Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher
- Completed at least one semester at California State University, Fresno
- A maximum 1,000 word typed personal statement of purpose explaining why you wish to participate in the Honors Program
- A substantial sample of your writing and/or creative work
- A recommendation/nomination from a Fresno State faculty member willing to serve as your mentor who can speak to your ability to successfully complete the honors program and assist you with the successful completion of the honors thesis/project
- Copy of your current unofficial transcript
- Applications are accepted in February for the following fall semester
Criteria for Continuance and Completion of the Honors Program
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 cumulative G.P.A.
- Grade of A in AH100 H
- Grade of A in AH101 H
- Completion of Honors Project/Thesis
Benefits to the Students in the Arts and Humanities Honors Program
- Graduate with Honors Cord and Medallion
- Recognition during the Arts and Humanities Convocation
- Designation of graduating with Honors in Arts and Humanities on the diploma
- Free admission to Arts and Humanities performances
- Welcome to attend the Smittcamp Family Honors Colloquium
- Priority Registration