Lambda Pi Eta Sigma Epsilon Chapter
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is a scholastic honor society recognized by the Department of Communication at California State University, Fresno. Established in 2003 by charter of the National Communication Association, the Sigma Epsilon Chapter of LPH is accredited by the National Association of Scholastic Honor Societies. The goals of LPH are to recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies, stimulate interest in the field of communication, promote and encourage professional development among communication majors, provide opportunities to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication, establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students, and explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
Requirements for Membership Selection
In order to be invited to become a member of the Lambda Pi Eta, Sigma Epsilon chapter, the student must:
- have completed at least 60 semester hours (or if a transfer student, at least 90 quarter credit hours) in college;
- have completed at least 12 semester hours (or if a transfer student, at least 18 quarter credit hours) of communication study;
- have a cumulative GPA in the top third of their class;
- have a communication studies GPA of at least 3.25;
- be currently enrolled as a student in good standing;
- display commitment to the field of communication;and
- be nominated and endorsed by the communication faculty.
Once students are inducted into Lambda Pi Eta, they are members for life. The NCA and our chapter select the faculty advisor to determine whether the student has fulfilled the above requirements. Questions about LPH may be directed to the Department's Main Office.