West Coast Marketing Group (WCMG) is a collaborative alliance of marketing and membership professionals within the alumni relations field, at colleges and universities across the western United States. The group serves as a forum for collaboration and idea-sharing, professional networking and development across the spectrum of alumni marketing, membership, revenue-generation and programming.
WCMG is open to alumni association marketing and membership professionals from not-for-profit colleges and universities across the western United States. Programs of any size are welcome, but schools with at least 75,000 addressable alumni are especially encouraged to participate.
In order to maintain the intimate, highly collaborative feel of the conference, WCMG is purposely capped at 60 registrants. As such, we ask that no more than two individuals per school attend WCMG. It is recommended that individuals be staff in the alumni relations marketing or membership department of their respective associations.
Each year, WCMG is hosted by a different school on a volunteer basis. The host school is responsible for setting the conference agenda and activity schedule, overseeing invitation and registration of attendees, arranging accommodations, securing sponsorships and managing the overall conference budget. During WCMG 2019 we will be accepting bids to host the 2020 conference.
Previous WCMG host institutions:
- 2019: California State University, Fresno
- 2018: University of Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2017: Portland State University
- 2016: University of Southern California
- 2015: Montana State University
- 2014: University of California, Berkeley
- 2013: University of Nevada, Reno
- 2012: University of Oregon
- 2011: Utah State University
- 2010: San Jose State University
- 2009: University of Oklahoma
- 2008: Arizona State University (Winter)
- 2007: University of Southern California (Winter), and University of California, Berkeley (Summer)
- 2006: Montana State University (Winter), and University of California, Davis (Summer)
Sponsors are an integral part of WCMG. In exchange for an affinity partner’s financial support of the conference, the partner will have a presence at the Sponsor Fair. Conference sponsors also receive the opportunity to obtain a roster of WCMG attendees and distribute marketing materials prior to the conference and at the sponsor fair..