- One-fourth of the milk produced by Fresno State’s dairy herd is processed at the campus’
Dairy Processing Unit.
- The Dairy Processing Unit makes chocolate syrup from scratch for both the chocolate
milk and chocolate ice creams.
- The unit’s ice cream maker makes only nine gallons at a time and takes 10 minutes.
- It takes students six hours to bottle and deliver four varieties of fluid milk.
- The Dairy Processing Unit adheres to the same FDA standards as any other California
dairy processing plant. We are inspected by the
Department of Milk and Dairy Foods Safety branch.