We serve as the University’s central storytelling and news outlet, strategic consultant and coordinator. University Communications develops and distributes timely, accurate and compelling content that builds trust, understanding and support for the University, its leadership and its critical mission in education, research and community engagement.
Our work includes:
Who we are:
- Interim Director Shirley Armbruster: Strategic messaging, issue management, media relations, speech writing and crisis communications. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 559.278.5292.
- Public Information Officer, or PIO, Lisa Boyles Bell: Media liaison, media relations, press releases, crisis communications. Contact: email@example.com, 559.278.5366.
- Senior Editor Eddie Hughes: Planning, assigning and coordinating content for FresnoStateNews.com and for Fresno State Magazine. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 559.278.4378
- Executive Assistant Angel Langridge: Film requests, media parking, budget, special projects and administrative support. Contact: email@example.com, 559.278.2795
- Writer BoNhia Lee: Writes news stories about faculty research, academic success, rankings and more. She is also the editor of Campus News, the faculty/staff e-newsletter. Contact: BoNhia@csufresno.edu, 559.278.5018
- Social Media Specialist Jessica Piffero: Plans and executes campus-wide social media initiatives, including research, strategic planning and content creation. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 559.278.1645